Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"You're a Hardcore Feminist. I Swear." Valenti.

This article by Valenti was refreshing because it was such a fun and easy read. I really liked the way the author connects with the audience because it's a good way of showing the accessibility of feminism. I was surprised by the beginning of the article and the words that the author used, but I think that's exactly why she did it. The idea that the worst insult is calling someone a girl seems awful but also justified.
The article overall had a lot of good points. However, I don't think of feminism as being for middle-class white ladies. I usually think of feminism as being about equality, not just for all sexes and genders, but for all people. This article has made me realize how many people there are that don't understand what feminism is. Above that, they are afraid to consider themselves feminists because it seems like such a radical thing to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment